Friday, February 29, 2008

Would anyone sign up for PSA (Poor Spenders Anonymous)?

There is something intoxicating about the smell of NEW. I love the way you move. I love LONGER LASTING, BETTER, SEXIER, SOFTER, 20 MORE OUNCES, and best of all I love FREE. Even though I know that the best things in life are never free. I still buy into it. I still buy the lie – hook, line, and sinker. Yes, I am a fish that has never learned that the hook is not a shiny new friend.

How much do my poor habits cost me? This isn't just about the greenback. I was talking to a friend yesterday. She told me that she actually started taking a different way to work because she found herself stopping at McDonalds every morning. It is amazing how we are creatures of such hard and fast habits. Why is it always the unhealthy habits that seem to be the easiest to chain us?

This same friend told me I need to start a weekly support group for people like us. The Poor Spenders of the world. The voice of Robert Plant is crooning in my head like a rabid dog, "It's nobody's fault but mine. It's nobody's fault but mine!" (Guitar Hero is sold separately.)

I like her ideas, but somehow I don't think it would be practical. Oh, I have to go…Kohl's is having a sale (I have lots of room left on my store card! They just raised my limit, again!) I know. It was weird I had actually cut up my card, but they sent me a new one when they raised my limit. I am so platinum.

Peace out!

Credit (Shopper) Hawk.






No comments: